CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/423930-f45-suspension-cags-simulator-bypass-kits-coming-in-one-week.html)

L.A.P.D. 10-31-2002 07:34 PM

F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!!

Guys,

We just wanted to announce that the F45 Suspension CAGS Bypass Kits will be coming in late next week. We should see them by next Friday, November 8th or the following Monday, November 11th.

We will add it to our website as soon as we get them in so we can post pictures of what it consists of.

So far, this is what we know about the kit and what is contains: It has 8 plug and play connectors that allows you to defeat the F45 Suspension system easily and completely. This kit will disable the F45 system totally and even if you play with the center console mounted switch, it will not blow any resistors or anything like the homemade kits.

This kit will retail for somewhere around: $250.00, but we will know for sure next week what the forum pricing will be.

So far, this is the best and easiest way to get rid of having only one choice of shock brand to install on your C5.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at: Sales@TheLAPD.com

Thanks!

Shawn

[Modified by L.A.P.D., 3:35 PM 10/31/2002]

Austrian Vette 11-01-2002 05:02 AM

Re: F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!! (L.A.P.D.)

250$ :eek:
Seems IŽll need to keep my resistors :(

Michael

2KVetteMan 11-01-2002 12:27 PM

Re: F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!! (Austrian Vette)

If you think about $250.00 seems alot, and I agree, but when you look at how much the shocks are to replace on a F45, $250.00 looks pretty damn good. :yesnod:

I lowered my C5 and I have a f45 suspension and want to change out my shocks for better performance ones. Finally I can very :cool: .

Thanks Shawn.

jmX 11-01-2002 01:02 PM

Re: F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!! (2KVetteMan)

May I ask, What does this have to do with CAGS ? :confused:

L.A.P.D. 11-01-2002 02:23 PM

Re: F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!! (jmX)

jmX,

We just call it a CAGS to give everyone an idea of what it does, how it connects and how it works.

Sorry we made it sound too confusing.

Shawn

Stu in CA 11-01-2002 06:17 PM

Re: F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!! (Austrian Vette)

Michael
Man, I hear you on that one.

[Modified by Stu in CA, 2:18 PM 11/1/2002]

Wicked C5 11-03-2002 04:14 PM

I'm with everyone else on the board $250 seems like a little much. I think most of us would be willing to pay around $100 or we will just keep the reisistors.

I do have a few questions though about the product

Can you take the rear box F45 box out?

Can you take the standard F45 switch out?

Thanks

SilverStar 11-04-2002 12:51 AM

Re: F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!! (Wicked C5)

No flames here, but my resistors have been removed and F45 defeated via LS1 edit.

C5 Frederik 11-04-2002 06:04 AM

Michael
IŽm with you
250.00$ is waaaaayyyyyyyy tooooooo much. Maybe we can get a hint what it makes so expensive. What is in that electronic that makes the big bucks?
Frederik

Austrian Vette 11-04-2002 11:41 AM

Re: F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!! (SilverStar)

No flames here, but my resistors have been removed and F45 defeated via LS1 edit.
I have LS1 edit, so how do I defeat it via LS1 edit???

Thanks,
Michael

SilverStar 11-04-2002 02:06 PM

Austrian Vette

I did not do it myself; it was done by another supporting vendor. Email or IM me and I will give you their name.

Z06 Quin 11-04-2002 02:53 PM

Re: F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!! (SilverStar)

I just have to say I find it AMAZING that you would buy a car with a $1700 option like that and then defeat it......makes no sense to me.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: seems like a waste of money :confused: :confused: :confused:

Wicked C5 11-04-2002 02:54 PM

Re: F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!! (PoBoy Racer)

I just have to say I find it AMAZING that you would buy a car with a $1700 option like that and then defeat it......makes no sense to me.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: seems like a waste of money :confused: :confused: :confused:
A lot of us didn't buy our C5's new so the F45 was already included.

2KVetteMan 11-04-2002 03:23 PM

Re: F45 Suspension CAGS Simulator Bypass Kits Coming In ONE WEEK!!! (Wicked C5)

A lot of us didn't buy our C5's new so the F45 was already included.
http://www.corvetteforum.cc/zeroimg/...withstupid.gif

I bought my not really caring about the f45 suspension. I wanted a convertible and that was the only one the lot. Besides I already have it lowered and want to lower it more and put a better suspension on there.

L.A.P.D. 11-04-2002 03:26 PM

Guys,

Pricing will be up soon and lower than you think.

Thanks!

Shawn

vetterdstr 11-07-2002 01:56 PM

Looking forward to this product coming out. :)

vetterdstr :cheers: