Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Where to buy an LT4 intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 10:35 AM
Jim85IROC
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to buy an LT4 intake manifold?

I'm considering following in John Millican's shoes and retrofitting an LT1 intake to my TPI car. The more I think about it, I may as well just use an LT4 intake if I can find one at a reasonable price. I'm guessing that these don't pop up too often in classifieds, but it seems that half of the LT1 guys out there have one, so I'm guessing they must be available somewhere! Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:02 PM
Springer's LT4
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Default Re: Where to buy an LT4 intake manifold? (Jim85IROC)

Check with Jeff Kopp (18carfan on these forums_... he can prolly get you a new one at a very reasonable cost.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:26 PM
vettekid23
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '05

I GOT A BRAND NEW LT4 INTAKE..ILL TAKE $240 AND ILL PAY FOR SHIPPING... :cheers:
Old 01-11-2002, 12:27 PM
MarkBychowski
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Where to buy an LT4 intake manifold? (Springer's 95)

definitely call Jeff! I bought a new spare LT4 intake (for porting) from him for about $100 less than some used ones I've seen posted.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Jim85IROC
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Where to buy an LT4 intake manifold? (MarkBychowski)

Check this out: http://www.sdpc2000.com/cart.asp?act...d=738&pid=2589

I had no idea they were that cheap brand new. This LT4 intake project is looking better and better all the time. Considering what TPI intakes cost, this is a downright steal.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:55 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Be aware that LT4 intakes only work on LT4 heads, not LT1 heads as the port structure is different.
Also, the LT4 didn't use EGR.

[Modified by Goody, 10:56 AM 1/11/2002]
Old 01-11-2002, 05:48 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason Cromer, Sam Taylor Buick Cadillac in Fort Walton Beach FLorida

Sells them for 172

1-877-726-8295
Old 01-11-2002, 08:17 PM
ZBRA
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm considering following in John Millican's shoes and retrofitting an LT1 intake to my TPI car. The more I think about it, I may as well just use an LT4 intake if I can find one at a reasonable price. I'm guessing that these don't pop up too often in classifieds, but it seems that half of the LT1 guys out there have one, so I'm guessing they must be available somewhere! Any help would be appreciated.
Use an LT1 intake. I have seen the two intakes off and side by side. There is no difference in port size. I actually had a first gen LT1 intake, a second gen LT1 intake, and an LT4 intake at one time. If I was going to do this retrofit, I would use the 1st gen LT1 intake ('92-'93) it has the largest ports of the three intakes.

The LT4 intake is cut for the LT4 heads which have a slightly different port location than the LT1 heads. The only advantage to the LT4 intake is the cool red finish and you are going to have to refinish it anyway once you finish making distributor accomidations.

Buy a used LT1 intake.
Old 01-11-2002, 09:22 PM
Jim85IROC
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Where to buy an LT4 intake manifold? (ZBRA)

Somebody on thirdgen.org emailed AFR and they said that their 195s were a very good match for the LT4. Apparently this needs more investigation. :)

I've also been told by John Millican to only use the 94-97 LT1 intake. I can't remember why he said to stay away from the 92-93. I'll have to go through some old thirdgen.org posts to refresh my memory.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:03 AM
airdeano
Instructor

the reason for the 94-97 intake use is the fuel pressure regulator
on the 92-93 was located in the rear. and to use the manifold on
gen 1 blocks the distributor location interferes with the regulator.
plus plumbing for EGR is tough. its tough with all LT1 manifolds,
so for the smog ***** itll be tough to work, but doable!
airdeano
Old 01-12-2002, 10:52 AM
PurpleC4
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Currently Corvette-less

Default Re: Where to buy an LT4 intake manifold? (airdeano)

How soon are you needing a manifold. I bought a spare (brand new) 1st Gen LT1 intake that I intend to use when I repair the front seal oil leak on my 92 Coupe. When complete, I will sell the old intake for ~$40 + Shipping.

I know that you are in the market for an LT4 intake ~ but if this fits the bill, let me know.

:seeya Purp
Old 01-13-2002, 01:02 AM
Jim85IROC
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Where to buy an LT4 intake manifold? (PurpleC4)

I'm just in the planning stage right now. I don't know what heads I want yet. A lot of discussion on the fastburns is going on at thirdgen.org. There's not enough material to port-match the LT1 intake to the fastburns, but there is plenty on the LT4 intake. I guess the AFR 195s have similar ports. I just keep looking at the costs of a Super Ram and Miniram, and this LT4 setup looks better and better all the time. I just need to learn more about it before I jump into it. I can't weld aluminum, so it's going to cost me some money to get the intake modified.
Old 01-13-2002, 01:45 AM
Bob Mosaic
Pro

Lets clear up some gray area....
Rumor has it that GM made the Fast Burn heads based off of a fully ported and worked LT4 head. That is very likely, I know this because I am in the process of helping a friend fab and fit an LT4 intake onto a set of Fast Burn heads. They fit like a dream and the ports are soooooo close to perfect, just a tenth of an inch difference on the top of the manifold and you are golden. If you use a 1255 Fel-Pro intake gasket and simply port match the LT4 intake it will out flow anything on the market, I guarentee it! Although, the difficulty lies within the exterior bolt holes on the manifold. The LT4 has to have the 4 perimeter bolt holes elongated inward to fit. As well as, have them planed to a perpindicular mounting surface. This is where the LT1 has a perk. Both intakes require totally new holes for the interior bolts, but again, the LT1 can enable the distributor hole to be bored with greater ease due to a "true" location of the perimeter boltholes. CNC cylinder heads was involved in the design and build of the LT4 intake manifold and they have said the LT4 can undergo some serious porting that will enable it to perform far beyond anyone's expectations. I believe this due to my extensive examination of the manifold, it is made with so much room for improvement. Yet, it is a awesome piece to begin with. In addition, the Fast Burn Heads are great, they may seem a little big for a 350, but have no fears these puppies can move some air and make a ton of power all around. A simple bowl job and a cursory removal of the casting flash in the heads and intake will produce some animalistic HP and TQ #s. A note for Vettes, the entire rear EGR housing that is cast into the manifold will need to be sheared away for a "coil-in-cap" type distributor. Finally, a high quality epoxy will work adequatley in place of welding. Hope this clears up a little confusion.
Take it easy,
Robert
:cheers:

[Modified by Bob Mosaic, 11:45 AM 1/13/2002]
Old 11-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Donnie60
6th Gear

I have a 1984 corvette and i want to put a carb and intake manifold on it. I plan on putting LT4 heads on it. I need the intake, new or used any good idears? deyoung@tds.net
Old 11-18-2011, 10:17 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

They WILL NOT work on your Gen 1 motor.

nothing special about the LTx heads.
You do not need them to use the LT1 intake on your car.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Donnie60
6th Gear

Does anyone have an intake for a carb that will fit on my 1984 corvette? I would like to get rid of the crossfire. deyoung@tds.net
Old 11-19-2011, 06:32 PM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a converted intake if you want one already done, I also have the throttle body, TPS, fuel injectors, fule line adapters, fuel pressure regulator,small distributor, coil (harness was specific on mine), and remote thermostat you will need, with the temp switch. You will only need 2- 3/4" hoses from the intake to the remote thermostat housing.

Let me know if you are serious, this is a fairly challenging swap. Lots of labor, and I spent more money than I thought I would.

I'll make you a good deal.

Get notified of new replies

To Where to buy an LT4 intake manifold?

Quick Reply: Where to buy an LT4 intake manifold?