Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is It True About Bose???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 02:07 AM
chrisquik
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is It True About Bose???

I've got a 97 coupe, and i tryed to put my old deck from my 00 celica (pioneer p930) and the told me I would have to re-do EVERYTHING, wires, speakers, etc, in order to change ANYTHING system/speaker wise. They said the only thing i can do without changing everything is add a sub...Has anyone done anything diff. with a C5? or does the guy i talked to know what he's talking about?? (if so that sucks! :mad )
Old 03-14-2002, 02:18 AM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Is It True About Bose??? (chrisquik)

I know that wiring adaptors are available for the Bose ... but you sort of have to pay a good amount for it ... for that amount you could be some new speakers and just wire them to the HU , and be done with it...
Old 03-14-2002, 09:02 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

The bose uses seperate amps at each speaker, no amp at the head unit. Most others use an amp at the head and nothing extra at the speakers. Thus the Bose incompatability with other systems.

tom...
Old 03-14-2002, 03:22 PM
TIMSPEED
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Is It True About Bose??? (Tom73)

Also, I believe the bose speakers are set at 2 ohm, I could be wrong on this though. it IS possible to run other speakers off the factory deck, but it would sound terrible. But it's not possible to run the other way, because then the seperate amps would fry the deck.
Old 03-14-2002, 11:06 PM
chrisquik
Racer

Default Re: Is It True About Bose??? (TIMSPEED)

so what all would i have to change just to put my pioneer deck in, and get rid of the stock player? will i have to chage all of the speakers because each bose speaker has its own amp??
Old 03-15-2002, 10:51 AM
99HT
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not these WRONG answers again!

Please do a search for my post on the Bose system. The C5 system is VERY different than the C4 system. Do not listen to people who have never taken a C5 system apart or even looked at the wiring diagram. These wrong answers just confuse people.

The C5 system is very easy to add things to, but it is not easy to replace the HU only. I don't recommend doing it. You will probably not have the skills required to do it correctly and it will probably sound like krap when you are done if you can even figure out how to do it.
Old 03-16-2002, 07:01 PM
chrisquik
Racer

Default Re: Is It True About Bose??? (99HT)

alright, so to put my HU back in(p930), i've got to, paid 600 for it and only had it in my other car for like 2 months. What else will I have to add to the system to make it not so difficult?
Old 03-17-2002, 01:33 AM
JTE
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 4-7, 9 & 10 Veteran

Whatever you do, don't put the Pioneer in the C5. The stock BOSE system is far superior. If you must go with an aftermarket, consider Apline, Eclipse, etc. with a seperate amp and sub.
Old 03-17-2002, 01:36 PM
99HT
Melting Slicks

alright, so to put my HU back in(p930), i've got to, paid 600 for it and only had it in my other car for like 2 months. What else will I have to add to the system to make it not so difficult?
You will need to replace all your speakers, but your new HU will not have a sub system, so you will be giving up some bass. You can add a 10-12 inch sub later. You will need to go to 2 or 3 way speakers in the rear and components or individual speakers in the front. The front components really need more power than a standard HU can provide though. Use at least a 8 inch woofer in the front. You can reuse the 3.5 inch Bose Twiddlers as a midrange if you want. Mount your tweeters on the windshield pillar for best sound. You will need a 3 way crossover for everything.
Old 03-17-2002, 08:16 PM
chrisquik
Racer

Default Re: Is It True About Bose??? (JTE)

JTE: dont put the pioneer back in? the premier p930 is bad azz! last I checked it was one of the higher rated HU's...
99HT: when you say the new HU wont have bass, how so? are you talking about sub control? my deck has all that sub and seperate speaker control stuff, if you mean gonig to each speaker, couldnt the deck control that too like any other?
Old 03-19-2002, 02:55 PM
Speed-Racer
Melting Slicks

JTE - I would do some research before coming to a conclusion about pioneer units like that. Perhaps you would like to hear my set up?

George
Old 03-19-2002, 04:35 PM
99HT
Melting Slicks

JTE: dont put the pioneer back in? the premier p930 is bad azz! last I checked it was one of the higher rated HU's...
99HT: when you say the new HU wont have bass, how so? are you talking about sub control? my deck has all that sub and seperate speaker control stuff, if you mean gonig to each speaker, couldnt the deck control that too like any other?
You need to describe what you are going to do. I cannot make comments without some more info. If you add a new HU, you will not want to use the existing speakers. This means you will give up your sub system.

Get notified of new replies

To Is It True About Bose???

Quick Reply: Is It True About Bose???